Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For our very picky toddlers, this is a great one...and freeze ahead, too!
- 2 carrots
- 113.39 g zucchini
- 113.39 g grated cheddar cheese
- 170.09 g potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- vegetable oil
- Peel carrots and potatoes and grate them, along with zucchini and cheddar cheese into large bowl. Stir in eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1/2" vegetable oil in a 10" skillet. Pour in 1/4 cup of batter. Press down with spatula and flatten.
- Cook until well browned on both sides. Cook as many pancakes at a time as will fit in pan without touching.
- As each pancake is done remove from pan and set on plate covered with paper towel to drain.
- Serve hot. Makes approximately 12 cakes. **Freezes well**.
This was a very nice side dish to go with some chicken and potatoes and I can imagine many other dishes or just a snack. Loved the flavor but a little garlic would have been a nice addition. I was surprised that the veggies didn't have to be drained of water but they worked fine without doing that. I did use a little more bread crumbs than called for and I don't know that that did anything or not. Turned a nice golden brown in about 5 minutes per side. Got 9 pancakes. Thanks for sharing a nice addition to my side dishes. Made for Spring PAC 2014