1/1 Photo of Cheddar and Stilton Drop Biscuits
These biscuits have a crisp crust and tender texture, despite requiring no kneading, rolling or cutting. If you like blue cheese, you will enjoy these biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup packed coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese, chilled
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled Stilton cheese, chilled (about 2 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups chilled buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1Position 1 rack in bottom third and 1 rack in top third of oven and preheat to 400°F
- 2Butter and flour 2 large baking sheets.
- 3Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl to blend well.
- 4Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Add both cheeses; rub in with fingertips until cheeses are reduced to small pieces.
- 6Blend buttermilk and egg in small bowl.
- 7Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dough is evenly moistened.
- 8Using 1/3 cup dough for each biscuit, drop 6 mounds onto each prepared sheet, spacing 2 to 3 inches apart.
- 9Bake biscuits 10 minutes.
- 10Reverse positions of sheets. Bake biscuits until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 minutes longer.
- 11Place biscuits in basket; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar and Stilton Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (992 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 358.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g