Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Country Living
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper, finely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 4 baking sheets generously with olive oil and set aside. Place the flour, cheese, sage, baking powder, pepper, salt, and paprika in the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil and pulse until the dough resembles coarse meal.
- Gradually add ice water and continue to pulse until the dough forms aball and rides the blade.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Roll the dough into a 16x8 inch rectangle using a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into 16 16x1 inch strips with a sharp knife and cut each strip in half. With the palms of your hands, roll each strip into a 16 inch long breadstick.
- Transfer the breadsticks to the baking sheets, brush generously with the remaining oil, and sprinkle with the coarse salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Breadsticks will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.