Recipe by English_Rose
This easy, cheesy bread makes a fabulous snack and a truly tasty accompaniment to all manner of meals.
- 500 g strong white flour
- 15 g salt
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 60 ml olive oil
- 190 ml water
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the yeast, olive oil and water and combine until the mixture forms a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Place the dough in a bowl and leave to rise for an hour.
- Add the cheese and onion to the dough.
- Set the oven to 400F/200°C/gas 6. Divide the dough into 4, and then roll each piece out until they are about 25cm in diameter. Place them on to a baking sheet and leave to rise for 15 minutes. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and serve.