Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Fluffy drop biscuits adapted from The Carefree Cook but with cheddar and jalapeños. I subbed sour cream last time I made them because that's what I had and they still came out really good. Cooking time was about 5 mins less for me. You can add anything you want to these biscuits. Sometimes I put in salty pastrami or olives for my hubby.
Top Review by FashSerendipity
Delicious recipe! It does take some time to make but it is well worth it!<br/><br/>Bonus: Froze the leftovers and followed the warm up instructions - they were possibly better than fresh out of the oven!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter (chilled and unsalted cut into thin slices)
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup milk (more if needed)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl to combine. Add shredded cheese and incorporate.
- Cut in the butter with a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Make a well in the center.
- Whisk the yogurt and milk in a small bowl to combine. Add the jalapeños.
- Pour into the well and mix with a fork, adding a tablespoon or so of additional milk if needed to form a moist sticky dough.
- Drop 12 heaping tablespoons of the dough onto a ungreased baking sheet spacing the biscuits about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the tops are tipped with golden brown about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Freeze leftovers in foil up to 1 month.
- Reheat in a preheated 400°F oven or toaster until thawed and hot, about 10 minutes.