- 4 ounces cooked beets, preferably not in vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 scallions
- 1 medium fresh baguette
- 5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- sea salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of the beets in a small food processor with the mayonnaise and blitz until smooth and a vibrant pink colour.
- Chop the scallions and remaining beets as big or small as you want and stir into the mayonnaise.
- Split the baguette in half and fill with the rocket or watercress, cheddar and beet mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper before cutting in two and eating.