Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheddar and chive biscuits, great for fall!
- 2 cups self-rising flour (white lily brand is the best)
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter (make sure butter is COLD)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine flour and butter using a pasty cutter. Look for pea size crumbles of butter.
- Add chives and cheese.
- Start adding buttermilk, a little at a time.
- Using spatula, fold in the buttermilk to start forming a dough ball. It should be a little sticky but not wet and not too dry.
- You may have to use your hands to shape the ball, just add a little flour dust to them so the dough doesn't stick.
- On wax paper, sprinkle flour and place dough on it.
- Knead dough gently 3 or 4 times, then let it rest for a minute or two.
- Roll dough to 1/4 to 1/2 thick.
- Cut rounds using biscuit cutter or an empty glass.
- Place on baking and bake 7-10 minutes or until golden brown on top.