Recipe by Marsha D.
This bread is always a hit for gifts. My friends and family love this bread and its gone in a flash. It is easy to put together too. Can't remember where I found the recipe though.
Top Review by Cooking in Wis.
This bread was so good. I took it to a friends house for "soup nite" and everyone loved it! I followed the recipe exactly as written and didn't have a problem at all with the butter running over as others have stated in their reviews. I didn't have any self rising flour so I made my own using the 3c. of flour, 4 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 3/4 tsp. salt. Turned out great, it was so easy to assemble. Will be making this again real soon. Thanks!
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can Budweiser beer
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canortega diced green chilies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease lightly a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir flour,sugar,beer,cheese and chilies together.
- Spread into greased pan evenly.
- Pour melted butter over top Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- NOTE: Check to see if a fork,knife or toothpick comes out clean when inserted to see if bread is done.