Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is always a hit for gifts. My friends and family love this bread and its gone in a flash. It is easy to put together too. Can't remember where I found the recipe though.
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can Budweiser beer
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canortega diced green chilies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease lightly a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir flour,sugar,beer,cheese and chilies together.
- Spread into greased pan evenly.
- Pour melted butter over top Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- NOTE: Check to see if a fork,knife or toothpick comes out clean when inserted to see if bread is done.
This bread was so good. I took it to a friends house for "soup nite" and everyone loved it! I followed the recipe exactly as written and didn't have a problem at all with the butter running over as others have stated in their reviews. I didn't have any self rising flour so I made my own using the 3c. of flour, 4 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 3/4 tsp. salt. Turned out great, it was so easy to assemble. Will be making this again real soon. Thanks!
This was super quick and easy to make. While it was tasty, the cheese flavor was very mild. Next time I will try adding a little extra cheese. Also, I did cut down the butter by half as suggested by other reviewers and it was still plenty. Both my DH and I thought that it could use a little salt thrown in before baking, but otherwise were quite happy with it.
This was a nice change form the regular beer bread I make. Per other reviewers, I cut back on the butter when baking it, but added it to the warm sliced pieces as I ate it. Wonderful yeasty flavor and great with the chili I made to go with it.