Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Mac 'n' cheese, basically, but with noodles. This came about because a) I have dozens of packets of Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing in the house from Job Lot and b) I wanted to try Ranch Style Ramen (http://www.recipezaar.com/Ranch-Style-Ramen-93749) when I didn't have any ranch dressing in the house. The Kraft blue cheese dressing really isn't very strong, so if you use another type you might want to thin it out a bit with milk or half and half. This makes 1 small-ish serving.
- 2 ounces noodles (I used rice vermicelli, but spaghetti is probably better)
- 4 teaspoons blue cheese dressing
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- While noodles are cooking, mix together blue cheese dressing, cheddar cheese, and cajun seasoning. Microwave for 30 seconds or so to form a sauce.
- Add noodles to sauce. Stir.
Mmmmmmmm this was a good sinus clearing and delicious dish! I used Blue Cheese Dressing and spaghetti. Instead of microwaving the sauce, I just mixed it with the hot (drained) spaghetti in the hot pan, which worked fine to melt the cheese & combine everything. Thanks for the recipe!
This was pretty tasty. I used a slice of cheddar but that was my only sub. Love blue cheese dressing & cajun seasoning so it was a no brainer. Thanks for sharing!
I have to admit that I was skeptical, but this was really good, and easy too. I used angel hair pasta. It was the flavor I was going for to serve with a Tilapia dinner.