Serve these tasty snacks warm from the oven for a really delicious party nibble - they're popular with adults as well as children....
- Simmer the potatoes until just tender before draining in a colander. Preheat a grill and cook the bacon until crisp. Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Cut tops off each potato, and using a small sharp knife, scoop out the flesh. Cut thin strips off each of the potato bases so that the potatoes can stay upright.
- Using a fork, combine the potato flesh with the butter and cheese. Season well and stir in the bacon.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully spoon the filling back into the potato shells and top with the potato lids set at a jaunty angle!
- Brush liberally with the olive oil and set the potatoes on a baking tray, lined with baking parchment. Cook until the filling is golden and the cheese is golden - about 10- 15 minutes.
- Garnish with herb sprigs and serve warm from the oven.