Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I served this at a Christmas party one year to rave reviews. It can also be served in a hollowed out loaf of bread with bread dippers. I am guessing on the number of servings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine sour cream, mayo and soup mix in a large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, spinach, water chestnuts and bacon until well-mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheddar and/or bacon if desired.
- Serve with assorted dippers.
This is really good! Have made it several times and each time is delicious. The bacon and water chesnuts make it. Took it to a girls weekend and they all loved it. It is best if it sits overnight. Thank you!!!
This sounds like the Spinach Dip recipe for the Knorr's spinach dip. What a great idea though, to include bacon and cheese. I bet this is really good! I'll have to toss those in the next time I make it!