1 hr 30 mins
Found in a newspaper magazine. This looks yummy! I have not tried it, but will when the weather turns back to soup weather.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 ounces butter
- 3 ounces onions, small rough chop
- 2 ounces leeks, washed well, small chop
- 2 ounces carrots, small rough chop
- 2 ounces celery, small rough chop
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 1/2 ounces flour
- 5 cups chicken stock, hot
- 24 ounces ale, Firestone
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
TABASCO CHIVE CREME FRAICHE
- 1In a heavy saucepot, melt the butter and sweat the onions, leeks, carrot, celery and garlic until onions are translucent.
- 2Sprinkle in the flour while stirring to incorporate.
- 3Add the hot chicken stock slowly, while stirring with a whisk.
- 4Once all the stock is added, add the beer.
- 5Then add the bay leaf and thyme and cook for 1/2 hour, stirring the bottom of the pot occasionally.
- 6Remove the bay leaf and thyme and turn off heat.
- 7Stir in the cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, heavy cream and dijon mustard.
- 8NOTE: Do not boil the soup once the dijon mustard is added.
- 9Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, tabasco and worcestershire sauce.
- 10Strain the soup.
- 11TO SERVE:.
- 12Spoon soup into heated bowls and finish with a dollop of tabasco chive creame fraiche.
- 13FOR THE TABASCO CHIVE CREME FRAICHE:.
- 14Whip the creme fraiche in a mixer.
- 15Once soft peaks are reached, add other ingredients and stir to combine.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Ale Soup With Tabasco Chive Creme Fraiche
Serving Size: 1 (851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1386.0
- Calories from Fat 1001
- Total Fat 111.3 g
- Saturated Fat 68.1 g
- Cholesterol 372.6 mg
- Sodium 1235.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: