- 8 ounces old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 tablespoon strong ale or 1⁄3 tablespoon beer
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cheeses in food processor or blender, process until smooth.
- Gradually add ale, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- If mixture is soft, refrigerate until firm enough to hold shape.
- Mould into a disc shape (a sphere or ball!!).
- Combine pecans and parsley.
- Pat the mixture onto the ball or roll the ball in the mixture until the cheese mixture is covered completely.
- Place on a serving plate or board and surround with crackers or flatbreads.
- Slices of apple are nice with this too.