Cocktail hour special.
Make and share this Cheddar Ale Pub Spread recipe from Food.com.
- Place cheeses in food processor or blender, process until smooth.
- Gradually add ale, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- If mixture is soft, refrigerate until firm enough to hold shape.
- Mould into a disc shape (a sphere or ball!!).
- Combine pecans and parsley.
- Pat the mixture onto the ball or roll the ball in the mixture until the cheese mixture is covered completely.
- Place on a serving plate or board and surround with crackers or flatbreads.
- Slices of apple are nice with this too.
I forgot to review earlier. This was great. Took it to a Christmas party and someone else had bought a store bought one and no one even touched the other one. Thanks!
Followed the recipe except for the pecans (blech!) and this was great! Keeps for a long while too, were slowly chipping away at it. :)Thanks for the great recipe.
Excellent! The spread had a nice soft spreadable texture and the nuts really enhanced the cheddar flavor. This is quite possibly the perfect bar cheese! ~Sue