1 hr 30 mins
Another great find from Family Circle for those good, ripe strawberries! Time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole boards)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 12 ounces frozen Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups chopped strawberries (from two 1-pint baskets)
- 6 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jelly
- 6 chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses, wrapping removed
- white nonpareil decorative candies
- 1Crust: Mix crumbs, cocoa and sugar in medium-size bowl. Stir in melted butter until well mixed. Press mixture over bottom and up sides of 9-inch glass pie plate. Place in freezer until ready to fill.
- 2Filling: Mix sugar and cornstarch in medium-size saucepan. Over medium heat, gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate, vanilla and food coloring until mixture is smooth. Transfer to large bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- 3When cool, whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of the nondairy topping. Fold the remaining nondiary topping into chocolate mixture.
- 4Spread half of chocolate filling over bottom of prepared crust. Top with chopped strawberries. Spread remaining chocolate filling over strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 5To decorate top of pie: Spoon remaining nondairy topping into pastry bag fitted with #30 star tip. Pipe border around edge of pie. Pipe grid over top of pie. Arrange whole strawberries in squares on top of pie. Melt jelly in small microwave-safe bowl in microwave oven on high power, about 15 seconds. Brush jelly over kisses. Sprinkle kisses with nonpareils. Arrange in squares. Or use uncoated striped kisses.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Checkerboard Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.8
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 182.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g