1/1 Photo of Checkerboard Orzo Salad
1 hr 20 mins
An adaptation of a wonderful salad by Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author. The checkerboard happens when small cubes of tomato are tossed with the orzo. Goat cheese melted into the warm pasta makes it luscious. Cook time is resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tomatoes into 1/3" cubes; place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme leaves; set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 2Boil orzo in salted water until tender; drain and return to the pot off the heat; stir until moisture is evaporated; add goat cheese and stir until melted.
- 3Add half of the tomatoes and all the juices; toss gently to combine and season with salt to taste; pour salad onto serving platter and top with remaining tomatoes.
- 4Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Checkerboard Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 227.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 17.6 g