Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I clipped this recipe from my local newspaper several years ago. It has special appeal due to the combination of regular chili beans and white great northern beans. A delicious change of pace.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (1 ounce) packagewilliams white chili seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, melt butter and saute onion until transparent.
- Add chicken and cook until juices run clear.
- Add broth and simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes.