Recipe by Chels1411
I found this recipe over at betterrecipes.com and fell in love with it. It's SO easy! I sometimes add a little italian sausage and some garlic.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
You can't beat this for ease of preparation. All the cheese gets evenly distributed, as well as the sauce, so every mouthful is just right! I ended up using rigatoni, which worked out well and a combination of romano and parmesan. After 45 minutes, I removed the foil and, while the cheese on top was nicely melted, it wasn't very brown. After 5 more minutes in the oven, uncovered, I decided to run it under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Delish! Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 lb pasta (Ziti or Ziti Rigati)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (pecorino romano is very nice)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, about 32 oz
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Pasta as per instructions on box.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Combine ingredients (saving a little sauce, Mozzarella, and grated cheese to sprinkle on top.) in pot and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to disposable aluminum pan, spread left over sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella, and grated cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in pre-heated oven at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.