Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very flavourful and simple beef tomato stew also from a chutney jar label.
- 750 g beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 450 g canned tomatoes
- 300 g tomato chutney (Baxters)
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1/2 tbs oil in heavy based fry pan. Brown meat in batches using additional oil as required.
- Add remaining 1/2 tbs oil and add onion, carrot, celery and cook until onion is soft.
- Return meat to pot, add tomatoes and chutney, cover and allow to simmer for 1 hour until meat is tender.