Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this from a supermarket leaflet about cooking with cheese, so easy! Cooking time includes cooling and chilling time.
- 250 g mascarpone
- 425 g custard (ready made)
- 4 teaspoons Tia Maria or 4 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 350 ml water
- 100 g sponge cake fingers, cut into chunks
- cocoa powder, to sprinkle
- Boil the water and dissolve the coffee in it.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat the mascarpone and custard together.
- Stir the Tia Maria into the coffee and dip sponge chunks into the liquid.
- Divide a third of the mixture into four serving dishes.
- Spoon over a third of the mascarpone/custard mix, and keep layering, finishing with the mascarpone/custard mix.
- Sprinkle with cocoa and chill for 1 hour.
Sylvie, Since you are in the UK, is the custard an "egg custard", like in egg custard tarts, or what seems to the "ordinary" custard in the UK, the corn-flour variety like Bird's (and other brand names). I won't make the recipe until I know which it is. I can get both variety here in Washington state USA and don't want to waste $ on the wrong thing.
I have to warn you, DH has a guilty secret: he is a self confessed Tiramisu Snob.. I don't care for the stuff but make it for him, and when it comes to THIS, his favourite dessert, he is REALLY fussy.. he's looking for 300%perfection and he is hard to please. I really thought this would make him smile, but all I got was, "It's ok, I suppose, please keep looking"
Sylvie I am one person who just loves Tiramisu. I just did not think this would be as good as everybody stated it would and boy was I wrong! Something so simple came out so good. This I will be making again. Thank you for posting this for us to try. Sorry I had to eat this before I remember to take a picture of it.