Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A super easy dish for lunch or dinner... my boyfriend makes all his workmates jealous when he takes these to work frozen ready to pop in the microwave. Easily adapted to suit tastes... I have also made BBQ chicken and Italian Salami and Chicken Calzones like this. Just experiment, its a very forgiving recipe!!
- 6 large tortillas (jumbo)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, of choice
- 3⁄4 cup frozen diced vegetables, of choice
- 1 egg white
- cooking spray
- Mix the chicken with the salsa and vegetables.
- Lay a tortilla out flat on a bench.
- Place a sixth of the chicken mixture on one half of the tortilla, leaving a gap around the edge.
- Brush the edges of the tortilla with egg white and fold the empty half of the tortilla over the filled half. Press around the edges with a fork, just hard enough to seal the edges together.
- Don't worry if they pop open a bit, they hold together well enough from the next step!
- Spray a frying pan with oil and fry each calzone on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve as is, or wrap in foil to freeze.