Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
This is a real quick way to make a lasagna-type dish if you are in a hurry. It's yummy and easier to make. The kids love it and it's my hubby's favourite. We have to have this at least once a fortnight. He would have it once a week if I let him. Its comfort food at its best.
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 (500 g) jarfive brothers roasted garlic and onion pasta sauce
- 1 (250 g) packet Italian sausage (I use cabanassi)
- 250 g cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 (500 g) packet pasta (I use lasagnette)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Cook mince, onion, and garlic in a big pot until mince is browned.
- Add pasta sauce; stir together gently.
- Add Italian sausage once it has been cut into small pieces (cut it as you would prefer).
- Stir into the meat sauce and then let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook lasagnette as directed on the package.
- Once pasta has cooked, drain it thoroughly, then stir it through the meat sauce.
- Put into a baking dish or casserole dish.
- To make cheese sauce, put 4 tablespoons of butter into a pot let it melt. Add in the flour and stir it around. Slowly add in the milk, stirring until it becomes a white sauce kind of mixture. I add salt, pepper and herbs to the sauce as well as a cup of grated cheese. Keep stirring until the sauce is thick.
- When white sauce is ready, spoon it onto the meat and pasta mixture.
- Cover with cheese and put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and cooked.