Recipe by **Mandy**
Not sure where I picked this up but I made it the other night and it was a hit with my fussy 21 month old so posting it here for safekeeping.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 lamb, forequarter chops trimmed of fat
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 400 g cannellini beans, drained (I used 4 bean mix)
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 400 g peeled tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150.C.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Cook chops in batches, for 2-3 mins each side until just browned.
- Transfer to a large oven-proof casserole dish and add onions, beans, garlic & rosemary to lamb.
- Mix tomato paste, wine & tomatoes and pour over lamb, season to taste.
- Cover gently with foil and bake for approx 2 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender.
- Remove foil and bake for a further 30 mins or until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables.