Recipe by robd16
A super simple and super elegant supper dish. Not many people know how well prawns and mushrooms go together but unexpectedly they do. Great to share over a bottle of white wine with plenty of crusty white bread. Feel free to throw in some fresh herbs if you have them to hand, also you can add a little chicken stock if you prefer a wetter risotto or want to reduce the butter
- 300 g approx king prawns, defrosted (medium size shrimp)
- 50 g butter
- 2 -4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 package of ready cooked mushroom rice, the microwave in 2 minutes kind
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the king prawns and garlic.
- Cook on a medium heat for 3 minutes or until the prawns are heated through and making sure the garlic doesn't burn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now crumble in the pack of microwave mushroom rice and heat through adding more butter if the mixture seems dry.