OK- I know, it's not really a risotto if it's made in the rice cooker... I DON'T CARE. It still tastes good! (This recipe uses US measurements as I now have a US cup!) No oil in this one, the only fat is from the salmon and the cheese. Good way to use up a small piece of salmon. This is very filling but still makes 4 decent servings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 2/3 cups arborio rice (DON'T rinse)
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot (green part)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 200 g fresh salmon, skin off and deboned
- salt and pepper
- dill, extra, to serve
- 1Chuck garlic, onion, rice, white wine, lemon juice and chicken stock in the rice cooker. Stir well.
- 2Hit "cook".
- 3Meanwhile, cover salmon with balsamic and marinate.
- 4About 3/4 of the way through the cooking, open the rice cooker and stir the mix. Put the steamer rack on top of the rice and put the salmon in the steamer. (If your rice cooker doesn't have a steamer, cook the salmon in the microwave for a few minutes).
- 5Once the rice cooker stops cooking, leave it on 'keep warm'; open it, take out the salmon, add the cheese, stir the rice and close the rice cooker again.
- 6Flake the salmon into small chunks.
- 7Cut the shallot into small slices.
- 8Open the rice cooker, add the flaked salmon, shallot, capers and dill. Stir well to mix, season to taste with salt and pepper. Close the rice cooker again.
- 9Get the plates ready to serve.
- 10Serve, sprinkled with a little extra dill. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheat's Easy Salmon Risotto (Rice Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 326.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 20.4 g