1/1 Photo of Cheat's Butter Chicken
I found this recipe in an Australian supermarket magazine Recipes+. I very rarely cook with tinned soup, but this is good. I went to buy the soup and came away with the low salt one-a good choice as it turns out. The tandoori paste has enough salt in it for the dish. Note that Aus tablespoons are 4 teaspoons
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan. Stir fry the chicken in a few batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate as you go.
- 2Reduce heat and add the butter to the pan. Add the garlic and curry paste: stir for 30 seconds.
- 3Stir through the soup, yogurt and cream then return the chicken and juices to the pan.
- 4Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickens slightly.
- 5Serve over rice, sprinkled with the coriander leaves.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheat's Butter Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 236.7 mg
- Sodium 682.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 53.7 g