Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in an Australian supermarket magazine Recipes+. I very rarely cook with tinned soup, but this is good. I went to buy the soup and came away with the low salt one-a good choice as it turns out. The tandoori paste has enough salt in it for the dish. Note that Aus tablespoons are 4 teaspoons
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan. Stir fry the chicken in a few batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate as you go.
- Reduce heat and add the butter to the pan. Add the garlic and curry paste: stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir through the soup, yogurt and cream then return the chicken and juices to the pan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve over rice, sprinkled with the coriander leaves.
10 stars ! This is a fantastic recipe. I whizzed it up and it was devoured. I added a handful of sliced champignons and a handful of frozen peas. Every child complimented it !!!
Such a quick and easy recipe to make.
I made this for dinner for DS who loves Butter Chicken. I have tried a few recipes now, all of which he likes but he always say's they are just not the same the Indian restaurant he goes to.
So go figure he loved this recipe! This recipe has half the ingredients that I usually have to buy and usually use for this recipe and not to mention it only took half the time and effort!!!!
The only change I made was to use chicken breasts everything else was as listed. The color was just lovely and the smell whilst it was cooking was wonderful.
Thanks for posting Jan, the whole of the family really enjoyed it DS especially, so it looks like a winner for him now.
Lovely recipe...quick and easy.