Recipe by Bergy
I know puritans will scream "You can't do this, It's not right etc. etc." but if you are in a hurry and want delicious scalloped potatoes take this shortcut. If you wish you can put some cheddar cheese on top for the last 15 minutes and add a few extra mushrooms.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups potatoes, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cups onions, sliced, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Grease a 13"x9"x2" oven proof dish.
- Put 1/3 of the potatoes, 1/3 of the onions, 1/3 melted butter, 1/3 flour and a 1/3 of the soup mixture in the greased dish (take a minute to arrange them evenly).
- Repeat with two more layers, ending with the soup mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 and 1/2 hours or until potatoes are done and golden.