Recipe by -JL-
This is a scrumptious dessert best served warm. Tastes like a cross between a caramel apple from the fair and apple pie.
- 2 pie crusts (I use store bought refrigerated, the kind that unroll)
- 5 medium sized apples (any kind)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 caramel apple dip ("Marzetti's", located in the fresh fruit aisle of supermarket, green & white container)
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll both pieces of pie crust and stack them on top of each other on a round, flat pizza pan. Push your fingers all over to sort of blend the two crusts together (or roll together with rolling pin)and tuck the edges under & press with a fork all the way around to sort of make a traditional pie crust.
- Peel and core the apples and fill the crust with thin slices.
- Bake at 350' for about 40 minutes.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of caramel dip into a ziplock baggie, seal, and snip off the corner of baggie. Drizzle dip over pie.
- Serve warm. Makes 8 slices.