Recipe by Kellfinder
This is a quick and easy weeknight meal. My son likes the Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada dinner but he just likes it made as is on the plate. I wanted to doctor it up for my husband and myself. We both thought the end result was quite tasty. You could always add other things to it such as black olives, chopped onion, chiles etc..... NOTE: The ingredients show the Hamburger Helper in a strange way (it is not a "dry mix" like something in an evelope.) It is just a normal box of Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada flavor.
Top Review by CreoleMom
Easy and delicious. I stumbled across this recipe when I was looking to tweak my same ole Hamburger Helper. I had the items on hand so I thought I'd try it and the family loved it. They thought I was crazy at first. This is a definite keeper to my recipe box when we don't want the same ole HH! Thanks for this recipe.
- 1 Hamburger Helper cheesy enchilada mix
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's creamy ranchero tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef.
- Prepare Hamburger Helper per directions on box.
- Prepare Hamburger Helper topping mix as directed on box and stir into Hamburger mix.
- Mix soups and sour cream together in bowl.
- Spread half of soup mixture into the bottom of 9x13 casserole dish.
- Spoon Hamburger Helper into flour tortillas and place in casserole dish seam side down.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle Cheddar Cheese over the whole thing.
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.