Recipe by Nicoleg
This is the only recipe I use, it's simple and they always get rave reviews. They are so moist.
- 425.24-538.64 g package devil's food cake mix
- 110.56 g box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 177.44 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks (reserve egg whites for filling)
- 2 egg whites
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.16 ml flour
- 59.16 ml milk
- 29.58 ml powdered sugar
- 946.36 ml powdered sugar
- 354.88 ml shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix together cake ingredients until well combined. Drop (I use a cookie scoop) onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- 2. For filling, mix first 5 ingredients together. Then add shortening and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- 3. Once cakes are cool, (I use a larger scoop than used for cakes) spread or drop filling between two cakes.
- *For peanut butter whoopie pies mix in 1 cup of peanut butter to the filling.