This is the only recipe I use, it's simple and they always get rave reviews. They are so moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 -19 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks (reserve egg whites for filling)
- 11. Mix together cake ingredients until well combined. Drop (I use a cookie scoop) onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- 22. For filling, mix first 5 ingredients together. Then add shortening and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- 33. Once cakes are cool, (I use a larger scoop than used for cakes) spread or drop filling between two cakes.
- 4*For peanut butter whoopie pies mix in 1 cup of peanut butter to the filling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheater's Way Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.3
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 345.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g