Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the only recipe I use, it's simple and they always get rave reviews. They are so moist.
Make and share this Cheater's Way Whoopie Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 -19 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks (reserve egg whites for filling)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 1. Mix together cake ingredients until well combined. Drop (I use a cookie scoop) onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- 2. For filling, mix first 5 ingredients together. Then add shortening and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- 3. Once cakes are cool, (I use a larger scoop than used for cakes) spread or drop filling between two cakes.
- *For peanut butter whoopie pies mix in 1 cup of peanut butter to the filling.