Vanilla Slices for a crowd, very easy to prepare, as good as the real thing, and everyone loves them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1line a lamington tin or even a roasting pan with foil with enough extra to fold back over the top. Dimensions must be in multiples of SAO biscuits; either 3x4 or 4x3.
- 2place SAO Biscuits in a 3x4 or 4x3 pattern on bottom (if need be use rolled paper to make a 'wall' to hold the edge.
- 3Pour thickened cream into bowl and pour pack of vanilla instant pudding mix over the top (can add a few drops of vanilla extract or essence for added flavour). Whisk quickly and make sure all powder is dissolved, it thickens quickly.
- 4pour mix over base of biscuits, spread as evenly as you can.
- 5place an equal number of SAO biscuits over the filling, pressing down to even it out if need be.
- 6make a tangy lemon icing with icing sugar, melted marg (about 1 teaspoonful) and enough lemon juice and maybe a little boiling water - spread over the top of the top layer of SAO biscuits then seal with the extra foil left over.
- 7Leave in fridge overnight.
- 8take all out of foil and cut each SAO in half plus cut between each biscuit square. Makes 24.
- 9Tip: must be left overnight, but 24 hours is better.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheaters Vanilla Slices (Australian)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: