Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vanilla Slices for a crowd, very easy to prepare, as good as the real thing, and everyone loves them!
- 1 (250 g) packet SAO biscuits
- 1 (85 g) packet vanilla instant pudding mix
- 500 -600 ml thickened cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- aluminum foil
- line a lamington tin or even a roasting pan with foil with enough extra to fold back over the top. Dimensions must be in multiples of SAO biscuits; either 3x4 or 4x3.
- place SAO Biscuits in a 3x4 or 4x3 pattern on bottom (if need be use rolled paper to make a 'wall' to hold the edge.
- Pour thickened cream into bowl and pour pack of vanilla instant pudding mix over the top (can add a few drops of vanilla extract or essence for added flavour). Whisk quickly and make sure all powder is dissolved, it thickens quickly.
- pour mix over base of biscuits, spread as evenly as you can.
- place an equal number of SAO biscuits over the filling, pressing down to even it out if need be.
- make a tangy lemon icing with icing sugar, melted marg (about 1 teaspoonful) and enough lemon juice and maybe a little boiling water - spread over the top of the top layer of SAO biscuits then seal with the extra foil left over.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- take all out of foil and cut each SAO in half plus cut between each biscuit square. Makes 24.
- Tip: must be left overnight, but 24 hours is better.
What an easy vanilla slice, made it for an afternoon tea/childrens birthday party. I made the recipe up as is and got heaps of positive comments but next time I think that I will try lattice biscuits and maybe put some passionfruit in the icing, Thankyou for posting this recipe