Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a paella-like dish that is super simple and quick to throw together.
- 283.49 g package saffron rice mix (I like Vigo Yellow Rice)
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml olive oil
- 591.47 ml water
- 453.59-566.99 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2.46 ml chopped garlic
- fresh cracked pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped onion (fresh or frozen)
- 118.29 ml chopped bell pepper (fresh or frozen)
- 118.29 ml peas (fresh or frozen) or 118.29 ml green beans (fresh or frozen)
- Wash and cube chicken.
- Bring water to boil in a large sauce pan. Add rice with seasoning and butter or olive oil.
- Cook for 1 minute, then cover and reduce heat to simmering.
- Cook rice for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute chicken, garlic and fresh cracked pepper on medium heat till chicken is white on the outside, but not cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Add vegetables and stir to combine. Cover and cook another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from skillet with a slotted spoon and mix into rice.