Recipe by Caty
A simple no-work bread for those in a hurry. It only takes 15 min or so and tastes delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- dry oregano leaves
- 1 loaf of plain Italian bread (May be store bought. You can also use any kind of white bread.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread into thick slices (about 1 inch) WITHOUT cutting bread the whole way through! (leave about 1/2 inch on bottom of the bread uncut) The bread should look whole, yet it will actually be sliced.
- Slice the butter into thin slabs. Then, stick 1 (or 2 depending on the width of the bread) slab of butter into each bread slice.
- Sprinkle a large pinch of salt, pepper, and oregano into each slice of bread around the butter.
- If there are directions on bread bag for cooking the bread then follow them, if not set oven to 350 F and bake until crispy.