Recipe by redkar
An easier to compile version of the South Australian classic! It makes many small pieces - perfect for hostessing :)
- 1 (8 ounce) packet granita biscuits, processed to crumbs (can also use Marie)
- 6 ounces butter, melted, cooled
- 1 (125 ml) can condensed milk
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder (rounded)
- 1 (5 ounce) packet jelly crystals (lemon, raspberry or whatever you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Line base and sides of a 3.5cm deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slab pan with baking paper. Combine biscuit crumbs and butter. Press into base of lined pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Dissolve gelatine in hot water, then beat in the tin of condensed milk and juice of 2 lemons.
- 3. Pour filling over base. Refrigerate for a few hours or until set.
- 4. Meanwhile, make jelly, following packet directions but reduce water by a good ½ cup. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour onto filling and refrigerate for a further 3 hours or until jelly is set.
- 5. Cut into small squares to serve.