Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I was in a pinch one night for some garlic bread, and I had to use what I had on hand. This garlic bread can pretty much be made anytime because it uses ingredients that are SUPER common.
- 3 pieces white bread
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt (if you use unsalted butter, if you use salted, leave this out.)
- Preheat oven (or broiler) to 350 degrees.
- Lay out each piece of white bread and cut off crusts (I like to cut off the vertical crusts and leave the horizontal pieces of crust on but it really doesn't matter.).
- Cut each piece of bread in half vertically (longways).
- Set bread aside and discard crusts.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, garlic powder, Italian Seasoning and salt to taste ( if needed).
- Spread butter mixture thinly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread buttered side up on a small baking sheet and place in the broiler.
- Let bread toast for about 3 or 4 minutes or until golden brown (be careful not to burn the bread!).
- Remove from broiler and serve immediately.
I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light for this and didn't measure - just lightly spread it on and then sprinkled the others, including pepper. The salt adds a great dimension. Great way to make garlic bread when you are in a pinch. Really yummy and really quick!
awesome recipe! I needed garlic bread tonight and this was the perfect recipe. I used leftover hamburger buns. Thanks for the keeper recipe!
love it! great go-to recipe when you need garlic bread in a pinch. i use this recipe all the time, especially with leftover hot dog or hamburger buns (my favorite pieces are the tops with the sesame seeds)! thanks for posting!