Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Want the taste of Cape Cod made easy? Try this easy version of New England Clam Chowder.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed new england clam chowder (or 15 oz.)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can minced clams
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 cooked diced potatoes (peeled)
- 3 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In large pan cook onion& celery in margerine.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring often.
- Add cheese& stir until melted.
- Note: Will thicken once refrigerated.
- Add more milk when reheating.