Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I fall back on this recipe when I need some chicken noodle soup prepared in under 30 minutes. I prefer to broil my chicken tenders about 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. This produces the moistest, tenderest chicken, in my opinion. I serve it with Cheese Herb Beer Bread.
Top Review by MasakoHI
This soup was very easy to make and it was tasty and delicious. However, I made some changes. I used 2 lbs. of chicken thighs which I cut up into pieces and sauteed it in 2T of butter with one diced onion. Then I added 2 T. of "Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base" (it comes in a bottle), the 6 cups of water, 2- 3 carrots cut up into pieces, 4 stalks of thinly sliced celery,and 1 cup of two inch pieces of spagetti noodles (uncooked and broken into 2-inch pieces). Cooked all the ingredients together for about 3 - 4 hours. Seasoned it with salt and pepper. The soup was outstanding and it looked like Marg CaymanDesigns picture. This is a keeper!!
- 3⁄4 lb chicken tenders, cooked and diced
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 6 cups water
- 5 -6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and one bouillon cube in a 3 quart saucepan. (I never measure, I just fill it up about halfway.)
- Bring to a boil. Add egg noodles and boil for 3 minutes. (Adjust your time if you aren't using fine egg noodles. Cook for the lowest time in package directions.) Do not drain noodles!
- Turn heat to OFF. Add remaining bouillon cubes and stir until dissolved.
- Add carrots and chicken. Stir to heat thoroughly. Add a sprinkling of dried parsley, if desired.