Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice alternative to making touchy alfredo sauce. Super easy, and fast.
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the linguine according to package directions.
- Add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned (if precooked until heated) Combine soup, milk, cheese and pepper, whisk until smooth.
- Add linguine mixture and heat through.
Found this in a magazine and made it for dinner tonight. I used cream of broccoli soup because it is what I had in the pantry and it was very good. Next time I will buy cream of mushroom soup. The entire family enjoyed it, so that makes it a five star for me. Also, it only took about 20-25 minutes, YAY! Thanks for posting.
I adjusted this recipe a little to better suit our tastes, and it was good. I added in a diced onion and a can of mushrooms while cooking the chicken, and seasoned it with lots of garlic pepper, Italian seasoning, and seasoned salt. After stirring things together, I decided that it needed more sauce, so I added another splash of milk and another can of soup. The final product was good... I think as written it would have been too bland for my family. I'll keep this in mind next time I want a quick meal- thanks for sharing!
This was a GREAT recipe if you want to make a fast and easy meal!... Also great taste wise