Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend made this and I had to have the recipe. She didn't put the nuts in the cake but instead used them to sprinkle on top of the icing -- I prefer that because, if you don't like nuts, it's easier to pick them out.
- 1 2-layer yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups Miracle Whip
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, , toasted
- cream cheese frosting, either your favourite or from a can
- Preheat oven to 350F; spray a 13x9 cake pan with Pam (non-stick cooking spray) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, Miracle Whip salad dressing, eggs, water and cinnamon at medium speed until well blended.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in carrots and walnuts.
- Note that putting the nuts in the cake is optional; you also use them as a garnish after the cake is iced.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely and then frost.