Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a tasty non-alcoholic version of Bananas Foster that I encountered while at college and have adapted for when I want Bananas Foster but have no alcohol to make it with.
- Slice up a banana into quarter inch slices.
- Then melt butter and brown sugar in a frying pan, making sure to stir as you do so.
- After a minute or so, add the sliced banana and stir to make sure the banana gets coated in the sauce.
- Let the banana fry, while you quickly scoop out ice cream into two bowls.
- Pour topping over ice cream and if desired garnish with whipped cream.
- Immediately serve.
Fabulous! I did not have any plain vanilla ice cream - was debating between caramel cookie crunch gelato or salty caramel gelato. Decided to go with the cookie crunch and it was awesome with the bananas and caramel sauce. Thanks for an awesome and simple dessert!
Simply perfect. Easy to make (and that's with me sick!) and quick to serve. My sister and mother loved it! So did I. Great for a simple treat on a warm or cold day. Even when your ill, makes the day better. Thanks Babycat!
simple & delicious...especially with cool whip :)