Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love home-made vegetable beef soup, but cutting up all those vegetables is so time-consuming. One night I decided to take some short-cuts and the soup still turned out amazing. Using frozen and canned veggies, you get home-made soup with very little prep. Love it!
- 2 lbs lean stew meat
- 2 lbs frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (15 ounce) cans canned diced potatoes (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups water
- Dice stew meat and brown on stove.
- Place frozen vegetables, and drained potatoes in crock pot.(before turning it on or you could crack the crock).
- Turn crock pot on.
- Once meat is browned, deglaze the pan with a cup of cold water and pour meat and resulting fluid onto the vegetables.
- Pour tomato sauce over the top of everything.
- Mix onion soup packet with 1 cup of water and pour on top.
- You can mix the ingredients at this point, but it isn't necessary.
- Cook on high for several hours (4-6) or low for 8-10 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste, being careful not to over-season. The tomato sauce intensifies both the salt and pepper flavors, and the onion soup contains salt already.