4 hrs 15 mins
I love home-made vegetable beef soup, but cutting up all those vegetables is so time-consuming. One night I decided to take some short-cuts and the soup still turned out amazing. Using frozen and canned veggies, you get home-made soup with very little prep. Love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice stew meat and brown on stove.
- 2Place frozen vegetables, and drained potatoes in crock pot.(before turning it on or you could crack the crock).
- 3Turn crock pot on.
- 4Once meat is browned, deglaze the pan with a cup of cold water and pour meat and resulting fluid onto the vegetables.
- 5Pour tomato sauce over the top of everything.
- 6Mix onion soup packet with 1 cup of water and pour on top.
- 7You can mix the ingredients at this point, but it isn't necessary.
- 8Cook on high for several hours (4-6) or low for 8-10 hours.
- 9Salt and pepper to taste, being careful not to over-season. The tomato sauce intensifies both the salt and pepper flavors, and the onion soup contains salt already.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheater Vegetable Beef Soup (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 736.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 21.9 g