Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Stephanie Tourles' book, Raw Energy. She says, “Craving something rich, creamy, and chocolaty? This quick, delicious beverage will satisfy the kid in everyone. Raw cocoa, almond butter, and cinnamon blend together to form a smooth, indulgent yet highly nutritious beverage to add zip to your day. Great poured over a bowl of muesli, too! For a spicy variation suitable for a holiday part, substitute a dash of nutmeg for the cinnamon and cocoa, and you’ve got a vegan version of raw holiday nog, sans eggs.”
Top Review by Mia in Germany
What an easy, delicious treat! It didn't make it to the fridge, I just drank it up and tried to resist the urge to make another one... Thanks for posting! Will make this often :)
Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 2 cups purified water
- 3 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1 tablespoon raw cocoa powder (cacao)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water, nut butter, cocoa powder, honey, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla in a blender and blend on medium until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the nut milk to a liquid storage container and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. It also freezes well.
- Some separation will occur so shake vigorously before using.