Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't throw away that pickle jar and the liquid brine after you've eaten a jar of your favorite commercially prepared pickles! Here is a ridiculously easy recipe for the most unbelieveable tasting pickles. This is a sure way to impress family and friends with these delicious "home-made" pickles... Trust me on this, ok?
- fresh cucumber, sliced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar pickles, with ONLY juice left in the jar after all pickles have been removed (I prefer Vlasic Kosher Dills)
- Slice cucumbers.
- Place slices into jar of commercially prepared pickle brine, filling the jar just until all cucumbers are covered by the liquid.
- Replace lid and refrigerate.
- Wait at least 4 hours to serve. (These are actually better after 3 or 4 days).
- Keeps in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Waste nothing, want nothing. More of a method than a recipe, to use up jarred pickle brine. Love the results, and for a minimum of fuss.
I have been doing this for years! I love Pickles but don't want to make them and can them myself. This is a wonderful and thrifty way to make your own "homemade" Pickles! Thanks for sharing.
I actually just did this a few weeks ago and was quite pleased with the results, but next time I will add more spices, since the flavor of the brine is a bit weaker. They tasted (and crunched) best after about 5 days. I used lemon cucumbers (the round yellowish kind).