Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I didn't have any milk on hand to make a proper white sauce for Mac and cheese so I decided to use the soup instead. My family loves this. Adjust the amount of cheese according to taste or variety of cheese, ie. sharp or medium.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 -2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni until done and drain in colander.
- While macaroni is draining warm the condensed soup (undiluted) and add grated cheese stirring until melted.
- Add the drained pasta and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
The taste certainly did deserve a 5 star, but I did need to add about a half of cup of milk to thin it down (that takes the 'cheater' away) I did use 2 cups of cheddar, so perhaps thats what attributed to the thickeness of it, too thick to mix it all together w/o it being a gob. We all enjoyed it certainly is a make it again treat!
mayweed,this was so GOOD !!!! i didn't have the cream of mushroom soup so i had to use cream of chicken and mushroom. my son finished it before he did the rest of his supper.thank you so much.
I had family coming in and did not want to go the store. I needed milk. Nope not with this. Wonderful taste. No left overs here. Everyone just loved it. Thank You for a fast easy recipe. Made our dinner complete. Hugs