Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I won't lie and say this is the "best" German potato salad, but I am pretty sure it is the fasted which earns it a lot of extra points in my book. I don't always have the time to peel and boil potatoes and the canned potatoes are a great cheat.
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) canssliced white potatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place bacon in a cold non-stick skillet. Fry on medium-high heat until bacon is brown and crispy. Remove bacon to drain. Crumble the bacon.
- Add sugar and vinegar to the bacon drippings. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add potatoes, water and crumbled bacon. Heat through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.