This is the quick easy way to have chili relleno. Often times I add some shredded chicken too.
Make and share this Cheater Chile Relleno recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x9 pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the grated cheese together.
- Split chiles open by sliding a knife down from the top to the bottom and remove seeds and veins.
- Lay half of the chiles open in the bottom on the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of chiles.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream.
- Pour over the cheese and chiles, carefully spreading to the edges.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly brown at the edges and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let set five minutes before serving.
- Can top with salsa or enchilada sauce if desired.