Recipe by breezermom
Okay, I am a firm believer in cooking my ribs over indirect heat on a charcoal grill (and I prefer baby back ribs)....but there are certain times of the year when it is just too miserably hot or too miserably cold to stand outside on the deck and do this! Plus my local grocers puts country style ribs "buy one get one free" at least once month, so I had to find a way to take advantage of this deal!! This is the recipe to use for any of those occasions!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are really good and the sauce was amazing! I forgot to buy lemons so I just drizzled a little bottled lemon juice on top of the onions. Made as directed and will definately make again! Made for 1-2-3-Hits.
- 6 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes; drain. Top with onion and lemon.
- Cook garlic in butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add water and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil; pour over ribs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, basting often.