Recipe by Sue Lau
Sometimes you just don't have all day to make Vietnamese soup! You can have this made and in your hands in 15 minutes!
Top Review by Bergy
What a great, special soup! It'seasy and ever so tasty. I love hot 'n spicy and this hits the spot. The only thing I changed was the peanut oil I used chili oil (use what's on hand) Thank's SueL I'll be trying more of your recipes
- 28.34 g cellophane noodle
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 9.85 ml minced ginger
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 793.78 g chicken broth
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak noodles in very hot tap water.
- While noodles are soaking, cut chicken into thin julienne strips.
- Heat oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken; garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute; then add broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles and cut into short pieces, about 1-1 1/2 inches long.
- Arrange noodles in bottom of bowls; ladle soup over the top and sprinkle with cilantro, onion, and basil.
- Serve with"Tuong Ot Sriracha" (Viet hot sauce), or chile paste, if desired.