1/7 Photos of Cheat n' Eat Vietnamese Chicken Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
Sometimes you just don't have all day to make Vietnamese soup! You can have this made and in your hands in 15 minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce cellophane noodle
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1Soak noodles in very hot tap water.
- 2While noodles are soaking, cut chicken into thin julienne strips.
- 3Heat oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken; garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
- 4Cook, stirring for 1 minute; then add broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
- 6Drain noodles and cut into short pieces, about 1-1 1/2 inches long.
- 7Arrange noodles in bottom of bowls; ladle soup over the top and sprinkle with cilantro, onion, and basil.
- 8Serve with"Tuong Ot Sriracha" (Viet hot sauce), or chile paste, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheat n' Eat Vietnamese Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 1427.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g