Recipe by Sue Lau
Sometimes you just don't have all day to make Vietnamese soup! You can have this made and in your hands in 15 minutes!
Top Review by Bergy
What a great, special soup! It'seasy and ever so tasty. I love hot 'n spicy and this hits the spot. The only thing I changed was the peanut oil I used chili oil (use what's on hand) Thank's SueL I'll be trying more of your recipes
- 1 ounce cellophane noodle
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak noodles in very hot tap water.
- While noodles are soaking, cut chicken into thin julienne strips.
- Heat oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken; garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute; then add broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles and cut into short pieces, about 1-1 1/2 inches long.
- Arrange noodles in bottom of bowls; ladle soup over the top and sprinkle with cilantro, onion, and basil.
- Serve with"Tuong Ot Sriracha" (Viet hot sauce), or chile paste, if desired.